Located next to the State Capitol Building, the house has been restored as a completely furnished home representative of middle-class living in the late 1800's in Benicia. Guided tours are available the 1st Sunday of the month at 1, 2, & 3 pm; all other Sundays from 10am-3pm.
It’s a Great Day by the Bay in Benicia!
For Mother's Day or any day, treat her to a day of pampering along the Carquinez Strait. Click here for the latest information on Spas, Salons, and great ideas for guys, too.
The Los Angeles Times says, "...Historic Benicia, Calif., a Bay Area artists' haven" Read more here, then plan your Weekend Escape.
Listen to our KGO interview about Benicia.
Benicia has been inspiring authors, sculptors, painters and other visionaries for more than 160 years with its beautiful setting, vibrant cultural scene and small-city charm. Today, visitors are enjoying that same variety of incredible experiences, plus much more. In fact, people say a magical combination of elements came together in just the right way to make Benicia what it is today.
Among its many attractions are:
- An internationally recognized arts district
- A waterfront (still used for commerce and recreation) literally a few steps from the heart of downtown
- Top-quality restaurants ranging from the Bay Area's best burger to gourmet fare
- Scores of spas with rejuvenating and relaxing treatments
- Unique shops with one-of-a-kind items
- Historical landmarks of national significance, as well as a spicy past that features the likes of author Jack London and future president Ulysses S. Grant
- Breathtaking views
- Warm, friendly people
For more information about visiting Benicia, please see our Visitor Info or view our brochure (PDF). And become a fan of the Benicia Facebook Page for special deals, insider tips and up-to-the-minute news about this very special getaway.
For more information about Benicia city services, please visit the City of Benicia Website.